Tufts Hillel gives students the guidance, resources, and opportunities to deepen their exploration of Judaism -- when they choose and how they choose to learn more.
Over the years, our students have developed incredible initiatives to focus on specific areas that are compelling, relevant and interesting to them.
These student-run initiatives are an evolving and powerful way to connect with some of the most important issues of our time.
- Cummings/Hillel Program for Holocaust & Genocide Education offers Holocaust education that is also committed to confronting contemporary genocide and mass atrocities.
- Read by the River addresses children’s literacy and draws broadly from student volunteers on campus.
- Vitality: Health and Wellness helps build awareness of the importance of well-being.
- Merrin Moral Voices draws on Jewish values, empowering our students to raise a moral voice in society.
- Challah for Hunger raises funds to help support organizations that combat hunger.
- Tufts Against Genocide promotes education and activism to confront contemporary genocide in our world.
- Tufts Students for Two States promotes a two-state solution in the Middle East where Israelis and Palestinians will live in peace and security.
Our special initiatives are the third arm of Tufts Hillel programming that includes events offered by our student committees and our Innovative Community Building initiative. These amazing special projects are another inclusive way to engage students in a vibrant Jewish community.